At Kavanagh, Scully, Sudow, White & Frederick, P.C. in Peoria, Illinois, we emphasize proactive legal services for individuals, businesses, and government agencies.
We offer our clients throughout Illinois the skills, experience and client-focused service they need to find smart legal solutions which can save them time, money and hassle. Contact our office today, and schedule a confidential consultation with one of our seasoned attorneys.
Our Peoria, Illinois lawyers practice in both state and federal courts, including at the circuit court, appellate and Supreme Court levels.
Whether a case involves litigation, arbitration or mediation, we provide guidance and representation for a wide variety of legal issues, including those related to:
- Litigation and Appeals. We provide forceful and experienced representation for breach of contract, personal injury, and property damage cases, including construction fraud, and much more.
- Employment Law. Our firm offers comprehensive Illinois employment law counsel to both employers and employees for a wide variety of issues, including those related to pension plans (ERISA), sexual harassment, employment discrimination, employment contracts, wrongful termination, retaliation, policy development, employment handbooks, training, labor negotiations, and more.
- Education Law. With decades of experience in school law, we combine various areas of practice in counseling districts. Employment law, FOIA and FERPA requirements, business agreements and government regulations are just a few matters that impact administrators. Whether assisting current counsel or providing full legal representation to your district, our education law team will address your concerns quickly and efficiently.
- Local Government Law. We provide skilled counsel, advice and representation to libraries, schools, cities and other municipal entities, regarding government administration, budgets, ordinance construction, statute compliance, liability defense, and other municipal government issues.
- Business Law and Business Organization. We help clients form and maintain businesses, draft pre-incorporation agreements, articles of incorporation, and partnership agreements. We provide legal services for sole proprietorships, partnerships, LLCs, and corporations and handle all aspects of business succession planning and business dissolution.
- Estate Planning and Estate Administration. We assist clients with asset protection guidance and representation, including issues related to trusts, wills, tax planning, insurance, powers of attorney, farm properties, asset distribution, claiming benefits, taxes, estate and probate litigation, and much more.
- Real Estate. Our clients count on our real estate lawyers to provide experienced counsel on commercial and residential real estate issues, including those related to real estate transactions, development, construction, zoning, title insurance, land use, tax assessment appeals, and landlord/tenant disputes.
- Property Management. We offer property owners and landlords the experience and legal tools they need to address management issues. Our comprehensive property management services include drafting leases, agreements, notices and letters, and developing effective eviction and enforcement systems.
- Family Law. Our attorneys handle a full range of family law issues, including divorce, child custody and visitation, alimony (spousal maintenance), post-divorce modifications (changes of custody or support, enforcement actions, prenuptial agreements), and more.
Contact our team of Illinois attorneys for an initial consultation. We will listen to your concerns and customize legal strategies to meet your current and future needs.
IN ORDER TO STAY CURRENT IN LEGISLATIVE AND REGULATORY CHANGES; WE ARE ALSO MEMBERS AND ACTIVE PARTICIPANTS IN:
- Housing and Development Law Institute
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Peoria County Bar Association
- Tazewell County Bar Association
- National Counsel of School Attorneys
- Illinois Municipal League
We are active participants in our community. Our Attorneys and Staff serve on the Boards for and/or active in the following organizations:
- American Cancer Society, Peoria Division
- American Red Cross Local Chapter Board of Directors
- Children's Home Association of Illinois
- Cancer Center for Health Living
- Center for Prevention of Abuse
- Community Foundation of Central Illinois
- Counseling & Family Services
- East Peoria Chamber of Commerce
- Friends of the Children of Haiti
- Heart of Illinois Regional Port District
- Heartland Symphony Orchestra
- Human Service Center
- Illinois Library Association
- Italian American Society of Peoria
- Neighborhood House
- Peoria Symphony Orchestra
- Peoria Riverfront Museum
- Pediatric Resource Center
- Peoria Association of Realtors
- Peoria Area Chamber of Commerce
- Peoria Academy
- Peoria Art Guild
- Prairie State Legal Services; Steering Committee
- Rotary, East Peoria
- Rotary, Peoria Downtown
- Sam J. Stone Bnai Brith Covenant House of Peoria
- SCORE Peoria Chapter
- Southern Illinois University Law School Alumni Association
- South Side Mission
- Springdale Cemetery Management Authority
- Unity Point Methodist Medical Center Board
- Veterans War Memorial Committee
- Vietnam Veterans of Illinois